No. of Positions: TBD
Hours/wk: Part Time
Responsible for helping the Store to achieve sales objectives by using effective Guest service techniques.
- Responsible for selling Store merchandise to Guests while maintaining the Company's standard in Guest service.
- Demonstrate merchandise according to Company guidelines and product knowledge.
- Operate the Store Point-of-Sale register to ring up sales.
- Assist with merchandising, stocking and general upkeep of the store.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have at least 2 years secondary education and be at least 17 years of age.
- Ability to understand Microsoft Windows environment
- Ability to operate POS system
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to Guests, clients and other Associates of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
- Ability to deal effectively with people
- Must have excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to dress in costume during the Halloween season and / or during a marketing promotion as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to:
- stand; walk; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl
- use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
- climb or balance; regularly lift and / or move up to 50 pounds
- talk and hear
- specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception.
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by Associates in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Associates in this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for the performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
To apply for a position, visit www.work4spencers.com or visit us at www.spencersonline.com and follow the link for "Job Opportunities"
Please allow yourself about 30 minutes to complete the online application process. To ensure your application is processed, you must complete all sections and questions. Once started, if you do not complete the entire application, your application will not be considered for review/employment.
For any questions or concerns while completing this application, please feel free to contact Job App at 1-877-MY-JOBAPP.